August 2, 2013
One thing I love about my birthday is that it always seems to end up being celebrated for more than just one day.
And this year proved to be no different.
My dad was going to be out of town on my actual birthday, so we decided to do my birthday dinner and presents the night before.
Usually for birthdays we pick a restaurant that we want to go to. However, this year I could not resist asking my grandpa to come over and grill up some fresh salmon instead.
(He makes the best salmon hands down.)
He showed up with 2 beautiful bouquets of flowers, a couple slabs of fresh salmon, and of course my favorite cheesecake from Costco. Since I am nursing I had to go with the cheesecake rather than a chocolate cake because my little baby does not take too well to chocolate.
We ate a nice dinner out on the porch, I blew out all 24 candles in one breath (yay for me) and then opened up some presents. My mom bought me 3 new pairs of pants, a white pair, gray pair, and jeans. And then 2 different shorts. I was so grateful for this since after having Clara I outgrew most of my older jeans and shorts.
It was a super fun birthday eve.
Enjoying our yummy salmon dinner.
The beautiful flowers grandpa brought for me.
Me and my better half.
Daddy and baby Ta.
Great grandpa talking to Olivia.
Clara sure loves her grandpa.
Opening presents.
Olivia was my little helper!
Pretty baby Clara.
August 3, 2013
Even though we celebrated that day before we of course still had celebration plans for my actual birthday.
Michael and I were able to sneak away without our babies to go to lunch at a little pizza place called Malawis down at the Riverbottoms. (They have the most amazing dessert pizza by the way.)
Even though we love our little girls more than words, it was definitely fun to get some much needed one on one time.
After lunch we came back home and took a little walk down to the park so that Olivia could play in the river.
When we got home, I went to get the mail and was lucky enough to get a letter from Emerson.
For those that know me know that I literally cried over Winston being gone until about 2 months before he came home and Emerson has not been any different.
So when I started reading the letter, the tears started flowing:)
It is so hard to have my brothers gone, we are all so close. Yet at the same time I could not be more proud of them. I truly believe I have the best brothers!
Getting that letter was seriously the highlight of my day.
We had leftover salmon for dinner and then decided to go get some some frozen yogurt/gelato at a little yogurt place up the street. I mostly wanted to go for the gelato but was not impressed with their flavors so decided to get caramel custard instead. Which was amazing.
We finished out the night watching the Proposal. Best movie ever!
We finished out the night watching the Proposal. Best movie ever!
I had another great day and feel so blessed to be apart of my family.
We of course had to take some sister pictures.
I love Sophia beyond words and truly believe that sisters are your best friends!
We of course had to take some sister pictures.
I love Sophia beyond words and truly believe that sisters are your best friends!
Birthday lunch date.
The yummy pizza.
Playing in the river.
I love this cute girl.
Clara enjoying a nice stroller ride.
Letter from Emerson.
Eating the yummy icecream.
Olivia got a watermelon flavored frozen yogurt and she absolutely loved it.
My very own cute little family.
Happy 24th to me! I can't believe that I am so old that I have to use an entire pack of birthday candles:)
No comments:
Post a Comment