Sunday, April 6, 2014

Las Vegas!

My dad and Sophia were planning a short 2 day business trip down to Las Vegas. Sophia was going to be the make up artist for the shoot. So me, Jill, and Winston decided to come a long! We left on Monday afternoon. This was my first time leaving Clara over night so I was a little nervous but I knew she was in good hands. Thanks mom, you are the best! 

Day 1:
The drive was fun and crazy of course. Lots of fun run (remember that game I posted about), lots of good music, and lots of talking. At one particular stop for gas a worker walked over and said he would fill up our car. He said, "I am sure you are not used to this." And I was like, "haha I'm from Oregon so yes I am!" He also got to talking to Winston while us girls went in to the bathroom. He asked Winston if we were all his sisters. I told you Jill fits right in:)
We had a little bit of trouble getting to our room at the beautiful Venetian. Oh my goodness it was huge! But we were able to find our room and relax for a little bit while we waited for my dad and Howard (his working partner) to arrive. It was late and we were all tired but decided to walk around and try and find a place for dinner. We ended up at Panda Express. After dinner we walked around for a while. We found this amazing candy shop with giant versions of all sorts of candy. I got Olivia a huge lollipop of course! We were also able to find a cute gelato shop! Yum yum. You know how I love my gelato!

Having fun taking pictures on the bed!


The view from our hotel room.
Look at those pools. Sadly they had already closed by the time we got there.


Pretending like we are really in Italy :)

Day 2:
We woke up and checked out of our room and went on the hunt for a place to have breakfast.
We ended up going to the same little cafe we got the gelato at but instead got these yummy ham and cheese croissants. We had to drop Sophia off at one of the suites in the Venetian so that she could do makeup for a few hours. Winston, Jill, and me headed straight for Carlos Bake Shop that had just barely opened the previous night.  Those that know me know that I am dead serious about my desserts and all things in the baking department. So of course I am a fan of Cake Boss and The Next Great Baker! (Michael is too thanks to me, so I was sad he wasn't here for this part.) We had to wait in line for a little over an hour but boy was it worth it! We got a few lobster tails, cream puffs and cannolis. Yum!
We then drove to the Plaza hotel where we would be staying that night. And hung out for a little while until Sophia was ready for us to go pick her up so we could shop!
While walking on the strip we seriously saw a Chewbacca. Oh my goodness it freaked the crap out of me!
We had fun walking around and are definitely glad Winston was with us because Jill and I definitely struggle in the directions department ha. We met my dad and Howard for dinner at Serendipity. The food was so yummy and the frozen hot chocolate was even better!
After dinner went to Caesar's palace to shop some more and watch the fountain show.
(Which I didn't really get, but oh well!)
Even though we got back to our hotel late we weren't ready for the party to be over so Sophia, Jill, and me ordered some room service. Pina coladas and spinach artichoke dip.  We had a lot of fun laughing and talking. Jill and I even got a little too hyped up and could not stop laughing. 
I have to admit that several times during the night I would wake up to what I thought was a baby crying haha.
Of course it was just my imagination and what I am used to. But I'm not going to lie it was nice to wake up to that and then realize that they were safe and sound with my mom and that I could go back to sleep!






Jill might kill me for posting this, but seriously she is the best!




These next few pictures make me laugh because Sophia was trying to do a serious picture and my dad kept photo-bombing ha. Good times.









Well this ends my Utah posts. Finally right?!
But seriously I am so grateful for my family. I am so so blessed and so grateful for each one of them. Life is far from easy but knowing you have people there to love and support you during not only the good times but the not so good times as well is beyond words comforting. 
I love you guys and thanks for an unforgettable few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment