Yesterday, we were able to go up to my Uncle Gardner and Aunt Lisa's house for a "last" dinner before my cousin Joshua leaves on his mission.
He is going to Mexico.
I couldn't help but get a little emotional as I looked around the table at my brothers and sisters and cousins. I realized that things are about ready to change. We are all pretty close in age so there will be several missions that overlap making it around 6 years before we are sitting around the table like that again. By then I am sure their will be other new additions to the family. I know I am a married woman with my own baby but sometimes I still feel like I am a kid. I can not believe how fast time has gone. It seems like just yesterday we were all flinging around on the tubes trying to push each other off, laughing and talking about things only cousins can talk about, doing crazy things that get us in trouble, and just being best friends like we were.
I don't like change.
Joshua is like a brother to me. I am going to miss this crazy boy, but I am so excited for him and so proud of his decision to serve a mission. He is going to be an amazing missionary and I know he will be very influential.
He is going to Mexico.
I couldn't help but get a little emotional as I looked around the table at my brothers and sisters and cousins. I realized that things are about ready to change. We are all pretty close in age so there will be several missions that overlap making it around 6 years before we are sitting around the table like that again. By then I am sure their will be other new additions to the family. I know I am a married woman with my own baby but sometimes I still feel like I am a kid. I can not believe how fast time has gone. It seems like just yesterday we were all flinging around on the tubes trying to push each other off, laughing and talking about things only cousins can talk about, doing crazy things that get us in trouble, and just being best friends like we were.
I don't like change.
Joshua is like a brother to me. I am going to miss this crazy boy, but I am so excited for him and so proud of his decision to serve a mission. He is going to be an amazing missionary and I know he will be very influential.
You guys are so lucky to have had each other all these years. My heart aches for you and your mom. Change is hard but you have so much to look forward to in your future..love you!
ReplyDelete